Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Thoughts

How do you feel when you have something in your sight, yet it is far away? What do you do, when you see the finish line, yet cannot make the last two steps? What happens when you think you are done, but find out that the end is the start of a new path?

These questions reflect real life situations, that we all pass through and struggle to cope with. Questions, questions, questions????????

Ok, now to some post material, I noticed that my last post generated a record number of comments, thanks for commenting, I appreciate your interest. I promise to summarize my findings in a post soon, and try to give my perspective on the matter.

After 2 and a half weeks on vacation, and talking to many many people here, no one has yet to tell me come work back in Kuwait. Everyone says, stay out, never come back, it is a mess here, and very negative about everything. I wonder, why so much negativity? Is it really that bad? I did notice that in many places, people just do not do much, compared to what I see in my own work place.

I have still time left, so I will take advantage of that and try to see more of my friends. I had kanafani ams, did not like it, but I still ate left overs today :). I was with a friend ams looking for it, and I did not know where it was exactly, I had an idea, so we went to the old ghandoor place, which now is Alkhabaz, and my friend saw a bulky guy outside, so he goes "hatha shakla ma63ami", so I go " shno??", he says "ma63ami, ya3ni mal ma6a3m wo akel." The guy was mashallah big kel mokan :). Turns out he knew the place, and we followed another of his cars to it.

I am not sure what to do this weekend. I have an invitation for dinner at a friend, but have not decided to go and on Friday, another bunch at qahwa, not sure about that either. We shall see.

"The One, makes me feel good, goooood. The one, makes me feel happy, hap-ppp-yyy. The one, makes me re,re, re, reeelaxed. The one, makes me feeeeeeeeel special. The one belongs to meeeeeeee and IIIIIIIII belong to the one, one, one,....one."

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now, admit it who was your inspiration to write your first paragraph? ;) I know this feelings "when you see the finish line, yet cannot make the last two steps". It happened to me this morning. The next thing to do is not loosing hope.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Maryam, many things, but no details will be provided :)

5:38 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

Maryam - I have a hunch that summarizing our comments will be one of those - seeing the end without reaching it - experiences.

If not, we could make it so by our endless comments ;)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

hmm endless book kind shosho ?

8:29 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

Well, you named yourself after an epic without writing one, why not the other way round, write one and put your name on it?

8:34 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I suppose you refer to Dante's Purgatory. Hmm, writing a book, interesting idea.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Interestig.. I know where kanafani is :P hehehe and I am dealing with alot of trauma in the brain so I cannot think clearly as I am reading long posts.. I REPEAT SHORTEN YOUR POSTS :P hehe (Sounds familiar eh?)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Jackie, shay6ana, I did not notice it!!! :P

10:50 PM  
Blogger Rampurple said...

lol jackie good point.... but let the guy write... i like his views... or at least what he will show us of his views

2:15 PM  
Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

The problem is alway at the end of the line ! whats there ? what will happin after it ? .. Im facing the same situation i think :) very lost & confused.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Q8CG, hope you find your path soon. As for me, my Journey is endless :)

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home