Friday, September 24, 2004

Goede moooooooorgeeeeeeen!

That is what you hear on the radio early morning driving to work from a gay musician, artist (this was added only for GF) called Gordon. However, I only hear it a couple of days a year when I car pool with my buddy Leon when my car is in service, the rest, I am up late and go to work late. I hate waking up early when I am outside Kuwait, I like to sleep sleep and sleep. Here, I only sleep max. 5 to 6 hours as I mentioned before.

Friday morning, yakh, I used to hate this day when I was younger. Friday is a dead day, you had one channel or two on TV, nothing much to do, and of course school on Saturday. It does not compare to boring Sundays in the Netherlands, but it can be close. However now, there are several options and things to do on Fridays. Not that I would be doing anything different, I am a lazy toad by nature, but at least there are options.

I am not sure where they will take me tonight, might be sushi though. First question I asked, "is it expensive?", although I am not paying, but it is the Dutch mentality, always look at price first.

I have been here now two weeks and I can say I do not miss work at all, glad to be away from it. I did not take a decent vacation in 4.5 years, so this one although not totally active, is good for me.

White hair showing again at top of my head, which means I am one week away from my hair cut usually, wonder if I should cut it here or wait till I go back?

Ok dokie, this has been the morning post, tot straks.

8 Comments:

Blogger shosho said...

Just ask about the hair cut prices in q8, then use your acquired dutch mentality, and make your decision.

Cutting my hair in glasgow is pretty expensive to what I'm used to, so I always cut before I leave q8, makes my trips to the hairdresser fewer.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

Dont they also say goede entakh !! i dont know if its a reply to good morning or its good evening i for got :) can u please tell me what did i say & what does it mean :D

11:00 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

shosho, got one today with my brother at his place, it looks better now, pointy the way I like it and short, do not know how much it costs, he paid :)

11:17 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

that is german, I do not know the spelling but that is how it sounds

Goede morgen, goede middag and goede avond. the g is like kh in arabic, so mid-dakh, I think you can know which means what, avond is evening :)

11:18 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

Q80-chill : ya what you said is german, it's "Guten Morgen" meaning good morning. There is also "Guten Tag" for good day and "Guten Abend" for good afternoon, and "Guten nacht" for good night, it seems German is not much different than Dutch, they also have Mittag for mid day.

Ok - ich habe hunger. Got to fix something to eat.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Dutch is somewhere between German and English with some French, so it is not hard to understand if you know two of these three languages, or even one for that matter.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

purg & shosho :}

thanx u have been very helpful i knew what it ment but totally forgot it was like 2 years ago or something BUT u guys have certainlly helped alot & educated me alot too :>

3:01 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

no problem Q8CG, me and shosho are at your service, assuming shosho agrees of course.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home