Sunday, September 12, 2004

Coming home

Ok, now I can post after a few days in Kuwait. That was the main reason why I did not post in the last few days, but some of you wondered why, so now you know why, because I was getting ready to travel and of course the flight.

I will not talk about how I surprised people or my mom saying I more tanned than when I left, but talk about other things, like the most common conversation.

someone: (greetings and kisses)
me: (does the same)
someone : how are things, eshloonek, long time no see.
me: (mumble something)
someone: when will you get married??? or telling my mom , yalla zawjoo, or my uncle, nabee nefra7 feek.

now that was one of the main reasons why I did not come sooner? shakoo? athooni, ma 3endhom shay ghair marriage? well I give the same answers, taw elnas, inshallah, alla kareem, zawgoo my brother and sister awal, etc.

So far I have not done much, its been slow, not in any rush to do many things in a short time, but I have been around a few places. The weather is not as bad as I expected, today was a bit dusty, but that is normal, this is sand country, esp. in Ahmadi. What else? hmm..people have invited me for a blog meet, though I do not know who would want to go, except a few.

I have not contacted all the people I know yet, taking it slow, because I do not want to be asked questions and questions, let me relax awal :).

TV sucks, the channels we had are much better, at least I had variety with only cable channels, and now I have tons of useless channels on SAT.

Our house has been painted like bootha 3arabya, but they said it has been this way since I left in 2000, but inshallah it will be changed for total maintenance once a few things gets settled and arranged.

Anyways, do not want to make this a long post, so I will stop here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jacqui said...

LOL Anyways Welcome Home Again :D

4:01 PM  
Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

WB home :), have fun go out & as for the questions matter why do u bother ? this is how people are here :}.

6:00 PM  
Blogger nibaq said...

Dont feel special all males get it. At least you aren't here for the weddings when everyone asks you that questions.

So when do we get to meet you and ask you those questions? ,)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Well now my oldest aunt asked me too, I told her ana sekrab go look for my brother and sister awal then me.

As for nibaq, chocolates is organising a blog meet, not sure if that is confirmed yet, but if we do meet, don't anyone dare ask those questions :)

8:19 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

And I thought that only us girls are targeted with these silly marriage questions. Now I started replying this way:

She: so don't you have the intention of getting married?
Me: Ya once your (daughter/ sister /niece ....) gets married. Oh btw, why isn't she married yet, she is older than me you know?

- it always works because there is always a 30-thing girl in any family who is still unmarried.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Shosho, trouble is, not in my family :) all of their kids are married only youngs are not. And its only our family or branch, that has three kids, three above mid 20's not married, so of course we are target.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Wasma,

had to read it twice :) not used to Saudi.

guess we are all in the same boat.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home