Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The green post - as promised.

As promised, I will post on one of the topics mentioned by you. I have chosen to post on.......Something positive as Rampurple requested. Hopefully she will like this post, then again it might not be as positive in her opinion.

The nice thing about living abroad is that you get to see life from a different perspective. You learn more how to work things on your own, how to interact with different cultures and develop new skills. For example, before I came here, I never cleaned a garden. Now I do, which is something I hate. Another example is language, it is always nice to learn new languages, makes it easier for a person to settle down and feel comfortable in a country. English is still useful, but it is always better to understand and speak the local language.

This might seem like it is a post as requested by PSS, but it is not. It is about me.

I have lived abroad since 1991, with a few breaks in between going back to Kuwait. Living in the States was a unique experience and I learnt a lot from it, cooking for example. Living here gave me another perspective on the world. So now I have an idea of three different cultures, European, American and Arab culutre.

Some of you might be wondering why I am still abroad after all this time. Frankly, I do not have an answer for that. I think it is a matter of being able to adjust, without much attachment to one location, or one person.

I tend to do lots of analysis, risk/benefit analysis. I do that on a regular basis, to determine what is the best situation. Examples, single vs. married, abroad vs. Kuwait, gay vs. straight (that is to make sure grandmafunk is reading and to keep her interested :P),back to what I was saying.., work vs. not working, etc. Sometimes these analyses get mixed up and elements from one become elements in another, making it complicated to reach a clear answer. At that moment, one has to take a risk.

I do not like long posts, so I will not continue longer on this, I must say blogging has made me a bit happier, thanks for the person who introduced me to this wonderful medium.

5 Comments:

Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

Its a good start "in terms of going positive", intresting post. Wating for the next green one.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I would not bet much on that

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Wow.. finally the one who is out attacking most blogs.. has written a very long post LOL :P hehe but its a nice personal one :P

Look at it this way maybe someday hehe some kid will find these posts and put them together in a book and get rich off of you ;p

1:29 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

get rich men shno? from my vast wisdom :P

3:58 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Yes it is time.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home