Monday, September 13, 2004

A&H Kuwait

Albert Hein or A&H is a famous Dutch super market chain. It can be found all over the Netherlands and is known for quality, but according to the Dutch it is expensive.

Today I went to one of the Kuwaiti co-ops, and was amazed by the things done to make the customer comfortable, although I call it dala3.

A few examples:

- in the fruit section, there is a scale where you weight some of the items, and there stood this Indian guy who takes your bag, weighs it and puts the sticker on it! I was surprised, in the Netherlands, we have that too, but we do it by putting it on the scale, selecting the items and putting the sticker.

- at the end, you take your shopping cart. Of course, the normal procedure I am used to in Kuwait is to the customer puts the stuff on the scale, then if available, a guy puts them in the bag, and you usually take it or he takes it for you and you tip him.

Now, it is from start, he takes the cart, he empties it, he puts stuff in, he takes to car, he empties in car!!!! In A&H, you do all that yourself, and bags are not free.

Do people need all this luxury? can't people do that on their own? It is nice to have luxury, but I think that is overboard and extreme.


5 Comments:

Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

Well we might not have A&H but we have @@

TAADAAAA >>

H&A :} .. check this picture I took a while ago while i was in the way to El-Fanar "comming from the Gulf Road to Salem Al-Mubarak street"

http://www.geocities.com/q80chillgirl/hayaak.JPG

6:37 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Yes! Yes, I need all the luxury I can have people get their hands on for me!*

hehe
Gigi, oppulently

*or...all the luxury I can get other's people's hands on for me? (which phrasing is more correct??!)**

**i.e. all the luxury I can get my hands on...(but I don't want to scrabble for luxury and get my hands dirty)...so I get other people to do it for me...ahhh, fisag!

Hmm, this has turned into an exercise in..syntax is it?
"IS THERE AN ENGLISH LIT. MAJOR IN DA HOUSE?!" (heh, nibaq.)(-inside joke.)

7:19 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

:) H&A, something totally different, but ok.

As for Gigi, miss I need and I want, besech dala3 and do things with your own hands and get them dirty, I will wash them for you :P

8:11 PM  
Blogger Ra-1 said...

luxury every wehre thanx to Allah ...
and still some small minded people just complain !

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know! I hate Kuwaiti Co-ops. They have extra employees which basically they do nothing. The thing what make me mad, when the guy puts each item in each plastic bag, Why? What luxury we are having in Kuwait? All this is maskhara! We need to cut off the unneeded employees and see how much we could save, and how life would be better without them.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home