Wednesday, September 22, 2004

My trip

I just got back from my trip to the gulf, which lasted about a week. I went by road with my father, in his 1992 Cadillac road master station wagon, one of only five ever brought to Kuwait. We decided to go by road as we were not lucky to get good reservations for planes, and it gives us more flexibility.

So we left Thursday morning around 5 am from here to Oman, arrived there around 10 pm. We both have lots of friends in Oman, and enjoy the place. On the road, you see the differences in roads between the countries and how each country is organized. In Oman, I met my college buddies, one is now head of internal tourism, the other has a very big house, the third, has big cheeks :)We had fun talking about old times. Few discussions about se7er, but not for you, only for me private ;)

Then to UAE, Dubai first, man is it crowded!!! it was full full full! We stayed in Sharjah, nice hotel on the beach, but the trip each day back and forth was terrible, kella za7ma, how can they live like that!!! I also saw the media and internet areas, lots of development.

Then to Abu-Dhabi, was nice there also. One thing I kept noticing is the Special forces style phones, everyone walking looking they are on some commando mission. Also, the women are cuter than before.

In short it was a good trip, bought some shirts, some nice authentic stuff, and relaxed.

Now its back to blog land, and hunting down Sheba :P

8 Comments:

Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

WB :}

9:40 PM  
Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

Welcome Back, you don't know me, I'm new. Got here while you were away, so ummm ... Hi haha anyways I didn't know men talked about se7er too. I don't know why but I just can't imagine it.

Harry Potter in Oman :)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

DG, it is a higher level than Harry Potter. Yes I saw you are new to blog world from your comments on several sites, let's see what you can do in this crazy world we call Blog.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Thanks Q8CG :)

6:36 AM  
Blogger Rampurple said...

wb purg... i missed ur evil comments

1:34 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

thanks ram, why do you want me to post evil comments :)?

GF, nope they are not all gay, here we go again, they have good looking women. Its a modern nice country with sweet people.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post pictures of your trip. We love to see that ;)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Wasma, yes it was green, I changed it today.

Maryam, sure, let me get back to the Netherlands and I will post pictures once I have my good pc with me.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home