Sunday, July 11, 2004

Fork paths

Every few years, I get to situations where I must choose, should I follow this direction or should I follow that direction. In some cases, I trust my gutts and in others I look at facts. However, sometimes, you have to use a bit of both, but that does not ensure that the final decision is the best. Once you take it, then you go into a different route, which can also fork into other paths. Then the process starts again. In some cases, you can get back to roads you have passed before or you get into a side-track. Maybe its all a circle.

The best approach is to take things in small steps. If you look at things slowly then you have a better chance of getting the decision that fits best.

I am now at a fork path, with both paths equally interesting. However, one would lead into a totally different direction while the other would be a continuation of the current path in a certain way. My gutt feeling tells me to go in the different direction, my mind tells me wait and continue on the new path. At first, this process was a mess, both were mixed, but after a few days, the picture gets clearer and one can rationalize which way is best. That is what I am doing now, taking small steps, slowly and putting brakes on outside pressures or influences. It needs cooking on slow heat, but I think from now till December, or even earlier, I would have made my mind.

To be continued.

2 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

That is what I have decided to do. I agree, its best to go into the not known as its better than thinking about what is known yet not best.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

CD, yes it has, I will remember that next time.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home