Sunday, July 04, 2004

Classic or Junk?

Its almost 1 A.M. here and I am watching Shaft on TV, the original version. However, I am waiting for another classic, Thunderbolt and lightfoot, which should be on in 5 mins.

I like classic movies, they do not make them like they did now. All those messed up computer generated films, stupid plots, half of them are stolen from old European movies anyways. Nothing compared to Fellini or Passolini, but times change, and so does the "bar". The bar moves down to allow for a quicker, "fast food" type of movie, quick in, quick out, and only makes your brain stuffed with junk,nothing original.

I am wearing my Detriot Pistons championship shirt, got it from a good friend. Although I never saw a match from this new team as NBA is only provided here on pay cable, or cable which you pay extra for, which is not worth it. If they had NFL too I would do it. Although they won easily, I am not sure if they compare to the original bad boys, Vinnie, Dumars, Isiah, and of course Lambeer (sp.) Man that guy was something else, that was sports, rough and rougher. They clipped mike's wings all down to the floor, bam bam bam bam !!!.. or Bada Bing for all you Soporanos fans.

Sports is become soft now, all those rules to make sure players are not hurt and all those fines and stuff. Don't you miss a player bleeding after a hit, or that wicked back tackle on the feet, with two legs (soccer), or even a big punch up, with coaches hanging on players's feet (in case you did not know, Van Gundy, Heat-Knicks, Mourning). I like the guy though, van Gundy that is. With T-Mac in Houston they should be a power house.

Well, five minutes are over, the film has started, so adios



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home