Sunday, July 04, 2004

Papa Loves Mambo

0-0, half time Euro 2004 Portugal vs. Greece. So far its gone ok.

Football, football, football, we have been saturated with football the past three weeks, flags everywhere, all shows went to Portugal, kind of a vacation for them I guess, and all you could see or hear was how good or bad the Dutch team was. Too critical sometimes, but those are Dutch, they would not be Dutch if they were not critical, my kind of people.


What also comes with football is lots of merchandising. You see all famous stars doing commercials, and you see even major brands such as nike having full national teams in commercials, like the Nike commercial with Brazil and Portugal (Papa loves mambo commercial). However, the negative side of all this is that players are no longer players, they are becoming icons, and for young players, they do not even reach their potential, they forget how they got there and focus on being famous. I liked football before too, like my movies, you might say I live in the past, but who doesn't?

I am waiting for the new 1 mega byte phones to come out, so I can take better pictures. The ones now on the market do not have the best resolution, but thats the beauty of marketing, you release a product that is not the best, but you get people hooked, then you release the next, which people will want, while the product itself "the real super duper one" will not be out until a few years time, but that is the game.

Ok second half about to start, so I will glue myself to the TV again.

Ciao

3 Comments:

Blogger Mama Fusla said...

Don't you just love Jimmy Jump?

www.jimmyjump.com
There is something very genuine about this fella.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I wrote this before You posted your message. he is nuts

6:29 PM  
Blogger Bravecat said...

Greece vs. Portugal... Can you believe that we actually won? Woo hoo!

:^)

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home