Saturday, October 16, 2004

Nederland O Nederland

Well I am back in my own house now. Flight was comfortable and got home Ok. The weather is nice, rain, 12 degrees, so beautiful. It is nice coming to your own place again, sleeping in your own bed, having your own stuff. Not that I did not enjoy my time in Kuwait, I did, but I am sure for those who have their own places and travel then come back to it, it feels nice and cozy.

Rabab submitted my poem to some critics, and it seems I have some talent. Guess my space poetry has some fans. Thanks Rabab. You can check the replies on her site 3asal.blogspot.com.

First day of Ramadan here, which to me is no different than any other day. Ramadan abroad is a different experience, life goes on and Ramadan is only observed on an individual basis. I like it this way, then again I am used to this style of Ramadan for the past 15 years. I like it when life goes on, and nothing stops or changes.

I went today, got my post at the post office, got my hair cut, bought groceries (or my famous expression - ashtree jam3ya-), washed the car at the local Shell station and came home to do my share of cleaning. Smart guy that I am (this is for Gigi and she knows what I mean :P) I had the house clean before I left, so its only a matter of some dusting and washing clothes.

Tonight I will attend a birthday party for a friend who turns 50. It is a surprise party, so hope he likes it.

What else? hmm, going back to work on Monday ($#@#) but at least we have Ramadan hours. I am still on vacation mood, so it will take a while until I would be in work mood, if that ever comes again.

Next post is post 100, I am still thinking of what to write, we shall see.

19 Comments:

Blogger Q80-ChillGirl said...

Well don't think just let it be a spontanious post :}. WB home I know the feeling its the comfort to a place where u remember & know where every thing is because u put it there ur self not ur mother :P

10:02 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

Thought u wana desert us for a week ;) couldn't resist ur blogging buddies ha? Well glad u made it home ok. And I hope ur after vacation depression is not as bad as mine was when I came back from marbella. Good luck dude and keep on writing. Happy Ramadan.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Welcome Home Dear :D and hope you had a safe flight and a nice welcome :D

11:05 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Q8CG, thanks, its different of course, besides my mother does not do much :)

2:26 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Jackie, thanks alot :)

2:27 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Rabab

Thanks, well I am not sure about depression after vacation, but I have no desire to go back to work :)

As for blogging, well no one said I would be off for a long period :)

2:28 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

W.,

Thanks and glad you have something to look forward for :)

As for the food, must be nice, although I have no clue what 7ijazi food would be :)

2:29 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Shady, check with the company in Kuwait, they have selection centers each year, though I would recommend another company :) or even stay in Kuwait, its not as bad as you might think :)

3:02 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

W.,

these dishes sounds odd to me, but then again never had 7ijazi food.

3:06 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

PSS, thanks :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger AyyA said...

What's goin on guys? Not only eljam3ea is crowded with starving ppl also the bloggers seem to have nothing 2 talk 'bout but food, guys u'r makin me sick. Chk all other blogs… food, food, food

2:50 PM  
Blogger shosho said...

Rabab - it's natural, people tend to talk about what they are denied. If you are fasting you talk about food, if you are single you talk about marriage, if you are broke you talk about money, if you are sad you talk about happiness....can't beat this human tendency to long for what's missing.

Purg - not a word about P4? How about dedicating the 100th post to P4? I think he will like it :D

4:19 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Shosho, I will think about it.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Rampurple said...

Welcome home purg...

sorry we couldnt meet before you left...

when u returning

11:31 PM  
Blogger Ra-1 said...

el7emdella 3ala essalama Purg. :)
wishing u a blessing Ramadan ...

10:58 AM  
Blogger 2 Second Club ® said...

Hmm. Vacation… I am trying to remember what that word means ??!!

Last time I was on “Vacation”, other than the weekends of course, was last years August.. that’s right August 2003.. god damn it, I hate the fact that I still can’t take my yearly leave, but I love the fact that my job depend on me so much, that they won’t let me go on leave.. Vanity.. definitely.. my favorite sin…

I’d give an arm and a leg for having your same feeling purg, the feeling of getting home.. I used to have it when I used to live alone in Orlando.. well, I guess not an arm and a leg, I won’t be able to ride my Harley then.. :)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Ram,

yeah pity. I will back inshallah soon.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Ra-1

Thanks 3aleena wo 3aleeech :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

The Don,

Yeah well this was my first real vacation in 5 years, so I should be the one wondering about it :)

My advice, take one and screw work, let them solve their own problems.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home