Sunday, October 24, 2004

Doppelgangers



The term doppelgangers, German translation - double walker- , are "doubles" or ghosts of living people or animals that are exact duplicates. This could be a projected out of body experience either consciously or unconsciously or a death omen. It is believed that only the "owner" of the doppelganger can see this phantom self, and that it can be a harbinger of death. Occasionally, however, a doppelganger can be seen by a person's friends or family, resulting in quite a bit of confusion. This is can be a form of spontaneous or willing projection.

OK, what am I trying to say here? Did I see my doppelganger? No. Why am I thinking of this topic? It fits into the whole multi-dimensional aspects, that make me "Beyond space and time". For those who never saw that aspect, check the ancient archives. This might seem odd but the topic popped in my mind when I was writing my post on ShoSho. And No, she would not be my doppelganger, she can't be, can she???

Some questions to reflect on, is the image of a doppelganger negative at all times? I did not have such an experience yet, have any of you been in such a situation?

"Carry on my wayward son
There'll be peace when you are done
Lay your weary head to rest
Don't you cry no more"

14 Comments:

Blogger Purgatory said...

Maybe after reading this post, you will have one :)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

This post is scary. I like it :)

5:01 PM  
Blogger Ms. Sarah said...

Allaaaaaaaa!!!!! ABEEEE!!!! Abe double abe double!
how do i find mine? :p can i just choose one?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

DG :) you scared?

Swair, I am not sure, just concentrate and it will come out.

7:49 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

P72
Is this double the same as "ghareen"
I'd like to have an out of body experience, and tried it once, it didn't work though :(

10:27 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Rabab,

Not sure if it is the same as the Qareen, but I think there is some similarity. I am not the expert on this subject, but I believe we all have a double inside of us. If this double is the opposite of us, or if it is the same in behavior, that I do not know.

10:30 PM  
Blogger AyyA said...

I read once 'bout it that it is an exact replica of us

10:33 PM  
Blogger Drunk'n'Gorgeous said...

After I saw the picture (which looks just like your basic aliens) No I'm not scared :(

10:35 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I had more scary ones ;)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

CM, well if we had two worlds, then it would not be a problem now, would it :)?

10:54 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

CM, there is enough worlds for you to exist in, check my very early posts.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the second painting for René Magritte?

9:24 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

Maryam,

Yes, any comments on it :)?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I aced it ;) well, I just recognized his style and want to check. Thanks for the info

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home